Saint Ita Parish Ministries
- Divine Mercy Committee: Spreads devotion to the Divine Mercy as revealed to Saint Faustina through regular parish recitation of the Divine Mercy Chaplet, Eucharistic Adoration and devotions.
- Saint Clare Altar Society: Cares for the Church’s art and environment, sacristy, altar linens, baptismal gowns and vestments.
- Secular Franciscan Order: Founded by Saint Francis of Assisi, this branch of the Franciscan Order allows people to live Franciscan spirituality in their daily lives.
- Legion of Mary: A lay association of the faithful who combine a devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and prayer with apostolic activity in the parish.
- Special Events Committee: Promotes fellowship and stewardship by coordinating parish events such as The Tastes of Summer, the Fall Chili Cook-off, the Annual Spaghetti Dinner and the Fashion Show.
- Tastes of Summer Committee: Plans and orchestrates all the elements of the annual summer fundraising event – from set-up, to food booths, to entertainment, to take-down.
- Animas Christi Youth Group: For youths aged 12-17, Animas Christi offers fellowship, faith and fun in a relaxed setting after our Religious Education classes.
- Saint Ita Parish Young Adult Group: For young adults interested in fellowship and spirituality through social gatherings, service projects and faith formation.
- Saint Joseph the Worker Guild: For people of all skill levels who are interested in helping to maintain the parish grounds and facilities
- Knights of Columbus
- Cultural Groups: Saint Ita’s rich diversity is reflected in groups such as Asociación de Nuestra Señora de la Caridad del Cobre, the Filipino Committee, Las Guadulapanas, and the Nigerian Committee.
- Human Concerns Committee: The parish’s primary outreach to those in need by conducting clothing, food and blood drives and service to new immigrants and refugees.
- Ministers of Care: Extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion who bring Our Lord to nursing homes, the sick and the homebound.
- New Day Grief Support Group: Meets monthly to assist grieving people through support and prayer.
- Respect Life Committee
Catechesis and Education:
- Catechesis Committee: Coordinates Parish catechetical events such as movie nights, book club, featured speakers and the Saturday Night with the Saints film series.
- Religious Education: Our 200+ student religious education program is always in need of catechists, support staff and teachers’ aides. Help form tomorrow’s leaders of the Church.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA): Be part of the team that welcomes and catechizes adult converts to the faith.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word: Introduce our children to Sacred Scriptures during the 10:30 and 12:30 Sunday Masses. See the Bible through the eyes of the young.
- Bible Study: Be part of our parish Bible study, which combines reading, DVD presentation and small group discussions. Allow the Word of God to change your life.
Liturgy and Worship:
Music Ministry: Saint Ita is blessed with a rich musical tradition in its life of worship with several choirs and dedicated cantors. We welcome new singers and instrumentalists for our ensembles:
- Adult Choir
- Children’s Choir/Coro de Ninos
- Taize Ensemble
- Saturday 5:30pm Mass Ensemble
- Spanish Mass Ensemble
Liturgical Ministries: Saint Ita’s has 15 Masses a week and we always welcome liturgical ministers, such as
- Extraordinary Ministers of Communion
- Ushers and Greeters
- St. Tarcisius Altar Servers' Guild